Best 3-Person Tent Picks on the Market: Review the Leaders--ipanergy
Features of 3 person tents
Going on a camping trip with your family, you need to think everything through to the smallest detail. The 3 person tent is one of the most important things you should take with you. Why should it be designed specifically for 3 man? If your family consists of that number of people or you're going to take a couple of friends with you, you're going to have a total of 3 man. With such equipment you can safely make a camp outfitter in one place, whether it's on the banks of a river or on a lonely forest edge.
3 person tent is great for outdoor activities, relaxation surrounded by nature. Manufacturers have made maximum efforts to make temporary housing the most cozy, comfortable and reliable.
How to choose a 3 person tent
When choosing a tent for temporary accommodation, you should understand under what conditions you are going to use it. You will need not only a 3 person tent , but also a rug and a sleeping bag for spending the night outdoors. The first thing outfitter should decide on the type. There are camping models - big, high and comfortable. They may have several rooms, where backpacks and folding furniture can be placed without problems. There are also tents for hiking, lightweight models.
Other important criteria include:
- Seasonality - there are summer units designed for hot and warm weather. They are lightweight and have excellent ventilation. Models may be designed for 3-4 person. But due to the design they can be cold at low temperatures or strong winds and are less resistant to precipitation. There are three-season units for 3-4 person, suitable for hiking in spring, summer, and early fall. They use less netting and the awnings are made of thicker fabric, so they are resistant to low temperatures, wind and precipitation. Winter or all-season products can be used at any time of year because they are highly resistant to wind, precipitation, negative and low temperatures.
- Size - the dimensions are determined by the capacity and length of this thing. The main principle for calculating the capacity for 3 person is the width of the travel mat, which is 60 cm. Manufacturers of equipment for 3-4 person by default believe that this is enough for comfort. Also, the outfitter should keep in mind that 60 cm per person may not be enough, especially if there will be 3 man. There will be different items inside (especially if there is no vestibule), mats and air mattresses, which can be larger.
- The number of layers - the outfitter may opt for a single-layer version of a waterproof tent, quickly folding and unfolding. Without ventilation, condensation is usually formed on the inside walls. The outfitter might consider a single-layer model for 3 man made of modern membrane materials (such as Gore-Tex), where almost no condensation occurs in high altitude conditions. It is extremely lightweight and comfortable, but expensive. It is poorly ventilated when closed. Two-layer 3 man tent consists of an inner tent made of light breathable material and a waterproof awning, which is stretched over the tent. The distance between these layers is 10-15 centimeters. It is heavier than a single-layer tent, but the condensate is formed on the outer tent, and the inner tent stays dry, suitable for extreme weather conditions. It is also better ventilated and better insulated from the cold./li>
- Material - modern 3 person tent are made of nylon and polyester. The former is resistant to abrasion, dynamic effects, suitable for extreme conditions, durable, lightweight. The latter is inexpensive, has minimal stretching while getting wet, resistant to ultraviolet.
- Bottom - always made of a stronger material than the walls. It should be waterproof and very dense. Fabrics with taffeta, oxford, ripstop weave are used for this purpose. Sometimes the bottom is made of reinforced polyethylene. The level of water resistance (the maximum water pressure that the material can withstand) of the tent for 3 man determines how long it will stay dry in the rain. Special coatings of polyurethane (cheaper, adds puncture resistance) or silicone (more expensive, greatly increases the tensile strength, insulated fabric from ultraviolet light) are applied to the fabric for protection against rain.
Another thing the outfitter should pay attention to is the frames. This is the basis that ensures the preservation of the shape of the fixture for 3-4 person and a comfortable sleep. Frames are made from different materials, which differ in strength, weight and elasticity. The latter property affects the ability of arcs to recover after bending, for example, after a strong wind. There are steel, titanium, aluminum, fiberglass, carbon fiber.
When selecting a tent, the outfitter should also pay attention to how it is set up. When installing a model with outer poles, you first stretch the tent and then put the arcs through the holes in the tent to form a dome. The inner tent is attached last from the inside. Such a construction with a dome is stable and convenient to assemble in the rain. When camping, the inner tent does not have to be unbuckled every time, which speeds up the installation even more. In 3 man models with internal poles, the inner tent is installed first, and the awning is thrown over it. In some models, the arcs are tightened in special pockets. The fixture is stable and easy to assemble. However, if the structure is set up in heavy rain, the inner tent will get wet.
The stability of the tent depends on the stakes. The stakes that come with the tent are often not of very high quality, and experienced campers prefer to buy them separately. They can be steel wire, aluminum wire, Y-shaped dural and titanium.