How to Choose the Perfect Site for Fall Camping - Panergy
Summer might be over but that is no reason to pack up the tent. Fall is our favorite time of year to camp. The mix of brisk mornings, warm drinks and the leaves changing make for the perfect weekend under the stars.
If you’re looking for a way to sneak in a few more camp outings, here are some tips to find a campsite this fall.
- Move on from swimming holes and rivers and look for a site that allows for great hiking.
- Head to the forest to take in the leaves changing color.
- Call ahead. This has been an unprecedented year with record setting amounts of people headed to the woods. So, it is important to do your research before choosing where you are headed. Most local and state campsites have availability this fall, but it is always worth it to call ahead and make sure.
- Look for reduced fee campsites. State parks are known for discounting after Labor Day.
- Local and state campgrounds are great but never be afraid to check out a website like HipCamp for a new experience.
With just a little research it will not be hard to find a great camping spot this fall. So, get out there and plan your next camp adventure.
Fall Camping Pro Tip: Eat Like a King – when it is cold out make sure to make hearty, warm meals. It will keep you and your fellow campers warm, happy, and ready for a day of adventure. Check out some of our favorite recipes.