Must-do activities for a first camping trip - Panergy
Preparing for your first camping trip is an exciting time.
There's nothing quite like being at one with nature and taking in the great outdoors.
However, unplugging from the mainstream and venturing into the unknown can leave you with a sense of boredom if you don't plan.
Consider doing some of these fun activities to get the most out of your first camping trip.
The campsite will be your home away from home, so you'll be spending a lot of time there. There are plenty of activities that can keep you busy right at the campsite, such as:
- Setting up a tent
- Collecting firewood (when and where allowable)
- Building a fire (when and where allowable)
- Preparing meals
- Setting up games like volleyball and horseshoes
If you're lucky enough to be camping near a body of water, take advantage of it and plan water adventures. Some fun things to keep you entertained are:
- Boating (i.e. kayaks, paddle boats, canoeing)
- Water skiing
When you've tired of being on the water, set out on foot and explore the campground. There are always new people to meet at campgrounds, and exciting things to find while exploring outdoors. A few must-dos are:
- Hiking designated trails
- Riding bikes
- Searching for different plants, birds, and animals
- Spelunking – the art of cave exploring
- Photographing nature
- Organising a scavenger hunt
- Enjoying the playground
- Kite flying
Staying active during the day while camping will lead to a great night's sleep under the stars. Some campgrounds have equipment for guests to use, but if not, consider bringing some of your own equipment along to play things such as:
- Bike riding
- Frisbee or boomerang
- Soccer or kickball
- Rock climbing
- Old school games like Capture the Flag, Red Rover, Hide and Seek, Tug of War, Potato Sack Races, Relay Races, or Tag